Block printing specialists - online craft supplies, workshops & textile holidays
How to make a Christmas Cracker
You will need:
Some Christmas hats
Some cracker snaps
Some snappy jokes
Paper or Fabric for decoration
How to make a Christmas Cracker Instructions
- Trim the A4 piece of card to about 15cm (6”) wide.
- Score three lines 6cm, 8cm & 10cm from each end of the card.
- Fold along the 8cm line from both ends and then fold back on the 6cm line at both end.
- Fold back on the 10cm lines so you create a “V” shape at both ends of the card.
- With the card still folded along the 8cm line, cut out small triangles along the crease line at each end to form the necks of the cracker.
- Make sure there are spaces between each triangle. These spaces need to be small enough to make the cracker easy to pull but not too small to make the cracker split.
- Roll the card up and roughly fix it together with tape. The tape will be hidden by your decorations.
- The cracker is now ready for decoration.
- Block printed paper pr fabric is perfect for decorating your cracker.
- Once decorated use some ribbon to tie up one neck of the cracker.
- Slide the cracker snap into place affixing it at both ends with some tape.
- Drop the gift, hat and joke into the cracker and then tie up the end with some more ribbon.
- Your cracker is now ready to be pulled and enjoyed!