Block printing specialists - online craft supplies, workshops & textile holidays
How to make a Fabric Necklace
How to make a fabric necklace
This is an easy to follow video that will enable to make wonderful unique fabric necklaces.
- Choose a piece of fabric and then block print it with your favourite block.
- Iron the fabric to seal the printed pattern. This will ensure that your fabric is washable up to 40 degrees.
- Cut your material into strips ready to be formed into a necklace.
- It may be necessary to join multiple strips of fabric together to get the correct necklace length. Follow the video to show you how to do this.
- Fold the strip of fabric in half lengthwise and inside out.
- Pin the fabric in place and then draw semi circle shapes along the length of the fabric.
- Use a sewing machine to sew along the line you have drawn.
- Remove the pins and cut off the excess fabric.
- Thread a slightly blunt needle and sew through the corner of the fabric and secure.
- Push the needle through one layer of the fabric and then slide the needle along the length of the fabric until it appears out of the other end of the fabric.
- Continue to pull the needle and thread through the fabric, turning the fabric inside out. Leave the needle in place.
- Take some polystyrene balls and some beads and start putting a ball into the fabric and push the fabric through a bead so the bead holds the polystyrene ball in place.
- Carry on alternating balls and beads until you get to the length of necklace you require.
- Cut off the excess material and use the needle to affix both ends of the necklace together.