Patchwork for children
Here is a kids craft idea for patchwork quilting.
Kids crafts is so much fun using block prints. during the holidays why not try block printing a quilt in a day. Children can easily block print lovely patchwork pieces to stitch into a colourful quilt. Quilting for youngsters can be very rewarding if you use great colours and wooden printing blocks. if you want to know how to make a quilt here are some simple instructions.
How to block print your own fabric
1) Choose a selection of random sized fabric to use as your patchwork.
2) Block prints are created using wooden printing blocks to print onto each piece of patchwork. Remember you must have a foam mat underneath your fabric to create a clear block print.
3) Children can just print in straight rows for a simple and easy effect.
4) Try and play with different patterns with your wood stamps to create different designs. There is so much you can do with just one block by rotating it and placing it in different positions.
5) Use Colouricious fabric paints which you simply iron to fix. The fabric paints that we recommend are very reliable. When they have been fixed the colour stays permanent and you can wash your fabric up to 40 degrees without damaging the paint. Also the fabric stays soft and is not hardened by this paint.
Watch this video on how to block print
See the full range of Colouricious wooden printing blocks
Have a look at the best fabric paints that we recommend you use for your block prints to create your own patchwork quilts.
Young quilters guild is a wonderful organisation to promote and help youngsters to learn how to quilt by joining a local quilt group.