Block printing specialists - online craft supplies, workshops & textile holidays
South Gujarat Embroidery
South Gujarat Embroidery
COST FOR THIS HOLIDAY
Single private room: £XXX
Twin room sharing: £XXX
Single private room no flight – £XXX
Twin shared room no flight – £XXX
When you book this holiday we will send you an invoice for the deposit amount of £1,000 which will need to be paid immediately. We will send you an invoice for the balance of your holiday payment 4 months prior to the departure date and this will need to be paid 3 months before your holiday starts.
People who have been on 3 or more of our holidays with Colouricious will be entitled to receive a £100 deduction to their deposit payment.
It may be more economical for you to fly yourself to meet up with us. If you decide to book your own flight, we will meet up with you in Delhi at a designated hotel. The booking forms are to be found under the booking tab on the top of this holiday page, and can be emailed to us. We will then send you our bank details if you prefer to transfer the funds electronically.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
➢ Return flights to and from London Heathrow
➢ Our own private coach all week
➢ Our own private tour guide for the week. It is essential that you travel with your own personal travel insurance.
➢ Stay at bed, breakfast and meal plans as stipulated in the itinerary.
➢ Onward travel by Large Coach.
➢ All monument entrances.
➢ English Speaking traveling guide
➢ Any Train tickets as stipulated in the itinerary
➢ Portage at Railway station.
➢ Assistance at international airport by English Speaking representative.
➢ Bottled water in coach, during travel.
➢ All applicable government taxes.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
➢ Expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, telephone / fax calls, alcoholic beverages, camera / video camera fee at all monuments, medical expenses, airport departure taxes, etc.
➢ Meals other than those specified in the itinerary.
➢ Any insurance.
➢ Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
➢ Indian Visa for UK residents – please apply for your visa in plenty of time
Other than UK – Please check your own arrangements for your country for visa requirements. It is your responsibility to sort this – usually allow a couple of months, to be on the safe side. However there is an express visa service. Please note that you have to leave two months between visits to India – i.e. if you have been there within two months of our visit, you will not be able to obtain a visa.
- UK and EC citizens require a visa to visit India. You are responsible for obtaining these yourselves but we will of course provide any guidance or assistance you may require
- All lunches will be on direct payment basis unless specified in the itinerary
- Hotel check-in & check-out time is usually 1200 Hrs
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendments to local Government taxes, or any fuel price rises, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly
- All the hotels and room categories are yet to be booked. Any change in hotel or room category may attract a supplement or reduction in the tour cost
- Rate quoted above includes only those items as specified in the above inclusion column
- Quote is valid only for the above mentioned period
- Effective 2nd October 2008, the Government has introduced “No-Smoking” legislation for hotels, restaurants and all public places. As a consequence, smoking is prohibited in all parts of the hotel except in designated bedrooms where smoking is permitted. The hotel has dedicated smoking guest bedrooms. Should you desire a smoking bedroom, please let us know. We shall try to reserve a smoking bedroom for you, subject to availability, should you need one.
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendment in the local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly
- For Train bookings, we will require complete names alongwith date of births, 60 days in advance
- Tourist Helpline in India 1800111363
- Whilst we have yet to experience this, the Indian government state: Travellers entering India at Delhi with an e-tourist visa will now receive a pre authorised SIM card on arrival pre loaded with 50 minutes of talk time & 50mb of data. This will soon be rolled out to other international airports in India. You may wish to consider taking a spare mobile telephone
- Some people with a history of asthma or other illness that affects breathing, may occasionally find the dust and pollution that can sometimes build up in the big cities problematic. They may wish to consider bringing a dust mask.
For Security Reasons, it is mandatory to supply respective units the below
- Guest Residential Address
- Contact Numbers
- Email ID
- Photo Identity
- Copy of passport
Many of the places we go only take cash. India is largely a cash society. ATMs are widely available. You can use your regular debit card to take cash out of ATMs but many banks charge a hefty fee for each transaction & their exchange rates may not be so competitive. Or you can carry travellers cheques but these are not so flexible & getting to a bank during opening hours may be a problem in the more remote regions or during one of the many festivals that India seems to enjoy. Ultimately though it is your choice. Further advice may be obtained from the UK Government.
➢ All the above hotels and room categories are indicative, and are yet to be booked – this will be initiated as soon as we have your acceptance of the itinerary and quote. Any change in hotel or room category may attract a supplement or reduction in the tour cost.
➢ Hotel Check-in & Check-out time is usually 1200 Hrs.
➢ Prices especially train fares are subject to revision;
➢ Rate quoted above includes only those items as specified in the above inclusion column;
➢ Quote is valid only for the above mentioned period
➢ In case of any currency fluctuations or amendment in the local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly;
1. Will there be time for us to explore the villages where we stay? E.g., time for shopping and browsing by ourselves.
There will be plenty of time to explore the villages as we go along. Built into the itinerary is free time and shopping time
2. Will there be someone to meet us at the airport, and where would we stay in New Delhi? Could we arrive a couple of days before the tour begins and could we stay in the proposed hotel for those days before the tour? I had a difficult time with the heat in 2013 so a couple of days to acclimate would save me losing those days on the tour itself.
There will be a Colouricious tour guide to meet you in Delhi, at the airport and transfer the group to the hotel. If you are travelling independently, you can decide when you want to arrive in Delhi and we will tell you which hotel and what time to meet the group.
3. How much time travelling on the road (it’s very bumpy as we know and can be very uncomfortable), and can you make accommodations for two travellers who get travel sickness, i.e., would we be able to sit near or at the front of the bus?
It is hard to say how many hours there are travelling each day but we do plan the time so that there are regular breaks. You can sit where you like on the coach, which is air conditioned and modern
4. Could you tell me how many tours of this type you have done before? Are there testimonials we can read? Is the same person in charge of each tour?
Colouricious has managed several hundred guests over the last five years – we tend to have the same guide but due to personal circumstances that may of course change.
5. The palace hotels look wonderful, but what type of accommodation is there for nights when we won’t be staying in palace hotels?
All the hotels that are on this tour are great standard and quality. Our guests always are thrilled with the good standard of accomodation and food.
6. How large is the group and are they all/mostly women?
The maximum size is 25 people and we mostly have woman although we do sometimes have the occasional male guest
7. Could you give me the names and email addresses of some people who have been on this tour before? From the pictures they all looked delightful and I’d be eager to hear their personal comments.
We are not at liberty to issue names and emails of previous guests but rest assured only lovely people seem to be attracted to Colouricious textile holidays!
“I have recently returned from a visit to India with Jamie M. It was my second visit of the year, last November I joined the group touring Rajastan and this month Odisha. Over the last 50 years I have travelled the world both independently and with organised groups – Borneo, Japan, Kenya, Peru and Malawi being some of the highlights. A friend asked me what makes the Colouricious tours so special, why do they stand out from the rest and why do you go back? Was it the choice of the Indian location, the textile art /craft theme or the excellent value for money? Was it the attention to details such as travel arrangements, interesting heritage hotels, the food or the individual care you receive. Most of the top travel companies usually get these things right particularly if you pay top prices. So why is Colouriscious different?
Colouricious holidays are excellent tours in the sense you are taken to some of the most interesting, beautiful places you will ever visit. They are tours in the sense that the local guide will have given you enough information to help you understand the significance of what you are seeing. A quality tour for me is never about seeing the attractions or even looking at how people live, it is about the personal, interaction with people in their own environments.
With Coloricious it is as though you have been given this massive privilege of stepping into another world.b It is about things that happen to just you and provide memories that will stay with you forever. You feel so privileged. Everyday offers unique experiences that made you feel as if you have entered a community, not as a tourist but just as the person you are and you leave having been touched in some way. Over dinner at the end of a day when you swop stories you realise you may well have been the only one taken by a young girl to show you her rice wall paintings but someone else was shown a villager’s vegetable plot , or was dressed in a sari, or taken to visit grandma or a new baby. The experiences are endless. Each person feels as though they had their own special moment. Colouriscious is the only tour holiday I have been on that offers this level of experience on a daily basis.” Love Denise
Colouricious Holidays – Terms & Conditions.
The holiday will include accommodation and meals as described on the website at the time of booking.
All flights and transfers as described on the website at the time of booking.
All tours and visits as described on the website at the time of booking.
Travel arrangements are planned many months in advance and it may, very occasionally, be necessary to make changes to or cancel completely parts of the itinerary. Therefore we reserve the right to make changes after we have entered into this contract.
Although your confirmation and subsequent invoices may show the latest flight timings, these are subject to change at the will of the airline. We will inform you of any flight changes at the earliest opportunity. We do not take any responsibility for flight changes outside our control.
We reserve the right to increase our prices at any time, if costs rise due to unforeseen events such as government action, or if fuel costs increase or other unexpected price rises occur of which we were unaware at the time of booking. Any increase in price will be limited to the net cost to Colouricious Ltd.
In the event you wish to cancel your holiday you must inform Colouricious Ltd in writing immediately. Cancellation periods are calculated from the date Colouricious Ltd receive your written notification.
10 weeks or more – 40% of total holiday cost
6 – 10 weeks – 60% of total holiday cost
Less than 6 weeks – 100% of total holiday cost
It is a requirement that all clients have suitable travel insurance.
Colouricious Ltd will not be responsible for any visa or other immigration matter
Your Financial Protection
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.”
“We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).”
“If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those
Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.”
Colouricious will always strive to act in the best interest of the client to ensure the best holiday experience possible. It is essential that any complaints and or problems are notified to us at the time so that the matter may be addressed at the earliest opportunity.