Block printing specialists - online craft supplies, workshops & textile holidays
Printology Stitched collage 1st – 3rd March 2018
Printology – Stitched Collage
Colouricious Printology Stitched Collage
Stitched Collage Thursday 1st – Saturday 3rd March 2018
Join block printing expert Jamie Malden and Julia Phillips to make a unique and meaningful wall hanging based on a special garden (yours, or one you have visited or imagined!). We will start by playing with a variety of Colouricious wooden printing blocks, using simple and successful printing techniques to create a range of samples to work with. Choosing a range of your own block printed floral and recycled fabrics from your stash that you will create, make a stunning wall hanging using appliqué and collage techniques. You will be block printing, gelli printing and creating some absolutely gorgeous fabric
Finally you will embellish your piece with hand and/or machine stitching to finish.
This course is suitable for a variety of abilities and you have the option of working with a machine, by hand or both. All materials will be provided. All you have to bring is your sewing machine, if you want to and an apron
Colouricious Printology – 3 day block printing course to create a stitched collage
Thursday 1st – Saturday 3rd March 2018
It is a residential course running for 3 days and 2 nights – 3 days will be timetabled and structured.
VENUE: The Holiday Inn High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire England
Your textile tutors – Jamie Malden & Julia Phillips- 3 days teaching block printing
Starts 09.30 Thursday and finishes at 17.00 each day. Finish time on Saturday is 3 pm. Block til you drop! I have prepared a full & busy timetable and will teach and share with you all that I know. As a teacher of 28 years, I will work in small groups on rotation so that everyone is busy with something to do every minute of the day! Demonstrations for each skill followed by your practise period. Time for teaching and time for self expression is a good balance.
Our Colouricious residential textile workshop includes the following:
- All materials and equipment – all you need to bring is an apron and your sewing machine if you would like to join in with the sewing projects
- Room Hire – you can book either a private room or a twin room (you can share with someone you have not yet met!)
- Unlimited tea, coffee with a selection of freshly baked cookies, whole fruits & snacks, nuts, dried fruit & seeds
- A morning and afternoon ‘Tasty Treat’ to add a little excitement to the day!
- A working lunch which includes freshly prepared and nutritious, local ingredients prepared on site to ensure maximum flavour and vital nutritional gain, specifically designed to assist with boosting concentration, work performance and energy levels. Included in our the lunch is a Selection of salads, a lovely soup, the toast of the day as well as meat and vegetarian dishes of the day, fresh fish, potatoes & vegetables as well as the live cooking station and of course some tasty desserts.
- A Three Course Evening Meal in the Restaurant
- Full English & Continental Breakfast
- Complimentary WiFi & Complimentary Parking
If you have any questions you would like to ask about the Printology Workshop please email me.
Colouricious Printology Workshop – Terms & Conditions.
The Printology workshop will include accommodation (if chosen) and meals as described on the website at the time of booking.
In the event you wish to cancel your Printology course you must inform Colouricious Ltd in writing immediately. Cancellation periods are calculated from the date Colouricious Ltd receive your written notification.
10 weeks or more – 40% of total Printology course cost
6 – 10 weeks – 60% of total Printology course cost
Less than 6 weeks – 100% of total Printology course cost
Colouricious will always strive to act in the best interest of the client to ensure the best workshop experience possible. It is essential that any complaints and or problems are notified to us at the time so that the matter may be addressed at the earliest opportunity.
Private Room, Twin Room, Day Rate